Actor Business: The Business Side of Acting London
In today’s world, actors are much like small business owners, entrepreneurs or people who run their own start-ups. Before you can hire a manager, you actually have to have a career for them to manage and before you can hire an agent, you have to have some experience under your belt, which is up to you to create. In addition, when actors are first starting to develop a career, they often have to divide their time between managing their own budding career and holding down some form of job - or string of jobs with which to pay their bills.
To be a successful, working actor, it's no longer enough to simply be a great actor- you also have to be a savvy businessperson. Thankfully, in the digital age, there are a number of phenomenal tools available to actors to help them manage their budding careers and juggle all their different roles.
In Actor Business: The Business Side of Acting London, professionals from the Acting Business world will introduce you to some of the latest tools and best practices to help you build and develop a flourishing career as an actor.
Some of the topics that will be covered in this workshop are:
- What does an Actor need to work?
- What is the importance of headshots? (And how to get great ones!)
- What should be on my resume? (And what should NOT be on your resume!)
- What is a reel and how do I develop one?
- What do agents do and how do I get one?
- What does a manager do and when do I need one?
- What are my rights as an actor?
- The Truth about O1 Visas
- How do I market myself?
- How To Make Social Media Your B**ch!
- How to develop the right look for the role(s) you are looking for
- Branding 101: How To Develop a Great Brand
- Unions 101: What They Do, How To Know If You Need To Join One and How To Do That (and what does Union vs. Non Union work entail?)
- Low Budget vs No Budget
- Balancing your acting career with a bill paying job
- What is the IMDB STARmeter, how does it work and how important is it?
- What goes into making a great profile that gets you noticed?
- Websites 101: How important are they, what makes a great one and how do you get one?
- The Front and Back of Casting Sites
- Making your own content
Generally workshops of this nature can cost anywhere from £300 up to a whopping £1500.
Actor Business: The Business Side of Acting London workshop, however, is being offered for the low price of £35 for the presentation and includes a free month's membership to ActApp.
ActApp is a new mobile app that provides phenomenal tools for actors to help you to manage your business on the go.
Check out this link and sign up today! : http://www.meetup.com/Actor-Business-Side-of-Acting-London/events/230550576/
Included in the presentation will be a very special "Questions And How To Find Your Own Answers" event and will also Include:
- Envelope of Goodies
- Chair Rental
Save your spot today!
Bring your questions, ideas, plans, materials, pens and a notepad.
2-4pm 90 minute interactive presentation and 30 minute Q & A.
4-6pm 5 Minute One on One Power Meetings: Meet with a professional to review what you have, define what you need, and find your next goal.
7pm Happy Hour!
Use a real life Happy Hour experience to learn how to mingle! Learn how not to sound like an idiot when you feel like one and how to Network!
Through this Actor Business: The Business Side of Acting London worship you will gain a better understanding of the business side of acting and tools to help you better approach and manage your career as an Actor. By applying industry secrets, norms and procedures mixed with real entrepreneurial business strategies, you will be well on your way to managing a successful career!